Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting Back on the Horse...

Hi. My name is Gina and I am 25. I am new to the Houston area and recently back in the dating scene, and I thought why not blog about the ups and downs of the dating world. Surely someone out there will be going through or has been through this and misery loves company. LOL.

My last relationship was 2 years long and ended when I took a new job at a marketing firm here and my boyfriend didn't want to move with me to the area. The job was too good to pass up and we were fighting so it seemed like the right move.

Now that I'm settled, my friends, who all live back home and are either engaged, married or in serious relationships suggested I try an online dating website to meet people. Safer than creeping around seedy night clubs and meeting people through work. LOL.

In my spare time I enjoy racquetball, taking spinning classes at the local gym, rollerblading in summer and reading. I'm looking for a guy who's out for some fun but not a love 'em and leave 'em type either. He's got to have an athletic build, enjoys going on dates to the movies, etc and preferrably Christian.

And so begins the hunt!

1 comment:

  1. I was having one of the most pensieve days I've had since moving to Houston in August today and this blog just put a huge smile on my heart (because I'm still too moody for my face to smile).
    About a month ago, I binge-read the 40 Days of Blogging blog from beginning to end.
    I am one of those straight men who is a romantic at heart but continuously fails at romance because I have historically been unable to quench my selfishness and slight narcisissm; two things I have only recently begun to combat. In deciding to combat these things, I decided to stop dating when I moved to Houston in August. So far, I've learned a lot about myself and grown but think it is all finally getting to me

    ReplyDelete